While exact timing depends on several factors, we estimate delivery in 5-7 business days.
A shipping confirmation email with your tracking number(s) will be sent once your order has shipped. This allows you to track your package online for more accurate estimated delivery dates.
Due to COVID-19, UPS and FedEx are experiencing long delays processing some shipments sent to their hub. So, while we have shipped your order, it may appear that it’s not been received at the shipping station. We recommend waiting for up to 5 business days for tracking to update once you have received a tracking email.
If you still don’t see any updates after 5 business days, please reach out to Customer Support and we will gladly assist you. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
No, liability issues prevent us from allowing pick-ups or drop-offs at our warehouses.
Yes, we ship to most countries. Please contact Customer Support at email@example.com to receive an estimate on shipping costs. Additional international shipping details are available in our shipping policy.
SALES TAX AND VAT
The amount taxed at checkout is either sales tax or VAT and varies by country. That cost is calculated when you enter your shipping address.
● The United States—The 48 contiguous United States: sales tax subject to each state’s regulations
● Canada provinces, including Vancouver Island - BC: sales tax (PST, GST/HST)
● Countries in the European Union (except Cyprus), Switzerland, the UK: VAT defined at national level
● Other international countries: no sales tax is applied at checkout
Unfortunately, customers are not able to place tax-exempt orders through our website, but you can reach out us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a tax-exempt document. Our team will help to process the order for you.
IMPORT DUTY TAX
As we’re shipping from a U.S. warehouse, duty tax is applied for all international orders shipped to:
● Canada - All provinces, Canada provinces, including Vancouver Island - BC
● Countries in the European Union, Switzerland, the UK
● Other international countries
International orders may be subjected to import tax or other clearance fees when clearingcustoms. We don’t charge or cover import tax of any kind.
[JR1]I’d consider deleting this list. I think the paragraph below issufficient to cover your bases.
Shipping is free within the contiguous U.S. only. Please refer to our shipping policy for more details.
Once you’ve received your tracking number, you can manage your own delivery in terms of tracking and alerts and signing up for package and delivery instructions.
We ship our chairs from our warehouses in California and Georgia.
If you’ve received a delivery notification via email without finding or receiving the order(s), please try:
● Looking closely around the shipping address (if you live at a residence)
● Checking again with the receptionist at a reception area (if you live in an apartment or your package is being shipped to an office)
Some carriers’ delivery notifications can be sent up to 24 hours before a package’s actual arrival. If your packages are missing, please report this immediately by emailing us at email@example.com so our Customer Service Department can assist you in filing a claim and send you a replacement package(s). We will need your order number, name, and contact number to assist you.
If you have more than one shipment, you will receive a master tracking number. This master tracking number will contain individual tracking numbers for each of the shipments in your order. Please note that the individual shipments may be delivered at different times or on different days.
Select the item(s) and color(s) that you would like to order. Click Add to Cart. Input your payment method and information, shipping address, and billing address. Review your order details before you click ‘Pay Now.’ You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you’ve completed your order.
Once your order has been placed, our warehouse prepares and ships it right away. That means we are unable to promise changes to delivery addresses after an item has been shipped. You are able to request an address change directly with the shipping carrier once you have the tracking number available.
Nouhaus accepts the following forms of payment:
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Amazon pay
- Payments over time (Bread)
Please make sure your order details are correct before submitting your order.
In order to fulfill orders in a timely fashion, our warehouse prepares and ships out orders quickly. Please note that we may be unable to make updates to your order once it is submitted.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Removing the old gas lift can be a challenge. We have found it easiest to disassemble the chair so you’re left with just the old gas lift and the seat mechanism. It can help to leave the mesh seat still attached to give it some weight.
Place the gas lift and seat mechanism and mesh seat upside down so the gas lift is pointing up.
Hold the gas lift with one hand, lifting it a few inches from the floor.
Strike the flat areas of the seat mechanism with a hammer or rubber mallet nearest to where the gas lift connects with the seat mechanism. The gas lift should pop out. (We like to place a thin towel over the seat mechanism to avoid scratches, especially when using a metal hammer.)
Be careful to not have your face near the gas lift as can pop out unexpectedly.
Remove the chair base, hold the remaining gas lift and seat mechanism upside down. While holding the chair with that same hand, insert a ¼” flat bottom punch against the seat mechanism right by the gas lift then tap the punch with a metal hammer.
At times, you might have to assist the gas lift a little. While taking the chair apart, try to pull the gas lift out. This should cause it to release. If the gas lift still isn’t working, contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you.
First, a hammer or rubber mallet and towel should help you separate the parts.
It is best to remove the wheelbase after you remove the top portion of the chair so only the wheelbase and gas lift remain.
Remove the gas lift cover. Hold one of the wheelbase legs with one hand. With the other hand, strike the bottom of the gas lift that is protruding out of the wheelbase with a hammer or rubber mallet. (We like to use a thin towel to avoid scratches, especially when using a metal hammer.) With a few hard hits, the gas lift should pop right out.
You can use this video tutorial for a visual reference.
We apologize for any missing parts. Please contact Customer Support or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. Please provide the following information when you send us a message:
- Order ID or Order Number
- Full Name
- Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- Quick photo and description of the area of issue
First, we apologize. PDF versions of all our assembly manuals can be found on our Customer Support page.
If you have any trouble during the assembly, reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com.
If you have received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, please email the following information to our customer support team and we will assist you.
- Order ID or Order Number
- Full Name
- Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- Quick photo or video, and a description of the area of issue
Damaged items and shipping claims must be filed within 30 days of the order being delivered. If the shipment is older than 30 days, a claim cannot be filed for a damaged item.
RETURN & REFUND
Please contact Customer Support if you would like to return the product.
Returned products must bein the original packaging and fully unassembled. We do not accept partially assembled products.
All parts must be included and in excellent condition.
Refunds will be initiated after the returned goods are received and fully inspected at our warehouse.
*If the return is outside of the 30-day return window, a restocking fee of $50 will be deducted from your refund.
While we want you to love our products, each of them includes a 30-day Cooling Off Period. During this period, if the product doesn’t fit your needs, we’ll provide you a full refund. However, you are responsible for all return shipping fees and costs.
Please read the terms below for a full view of our return instructions.
Products are eligible for return if:
● They are in excellent condition.
● Original packaging is not damaged.
● No parts are missing (including any replacement parts that you have received).
● Completely disassembled. We do not accept partially assembled products.
● NO stains, scratches, damages or modifications have been made to the product.
Refunds will be initiated within 14 working days after the returned goods pass our inspection and are provided via the same method of payment used for your original purchase.
NOUHAUS must be contacted before returning goods for a warranty claim. Please provide a corresponding order/invoice number. Our staff will then advise if the problem can be solved with replacement parts, or if the goods must be returned for full repair or replacement.
Every body is different, and everybody is different. Color and fabric preferences. Room dimensions. Work or leisure. Body proportions. All of these things will dictate which chair will fit you best. On our product pages you will find an accurate picture of each chair, its dimensions, its key features, the benefits, and a description to help you decide which chair will fit you best. But, of course, if you want to discuss your unique situation with someone, reach out to us. One of our Ergonomic and Design Specialists is eager to help.
Dimensions of each chair and its component parts are on each product page. Still need to know more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can answer any questions.
No. Your chair will arrive with easy-to-follow instructions and everything you need for assembly. And, of course, you can contact us at any time for help.
We also have short assembly videos on our YouTube channel that may be of help
Just like everything you own, it really depends on how you use it and how you care for it. Our high-quality chairs are designed to provide many years of comfortable, ergonomic seating, but exactly how many years that is comes down to how you treat it.
We have two types of wheels: regular casters and inline skate wheels. The regular casters are suitable for both carpet and hard floors. The inline skate wheels are suitable for hard floors, allowing the chair to move in silence and glide smoothly.
Obviously, we care about seating. So, you’ll never find us compromising on the design, materials, craftsmanship, or manufacturing of the chair you’re purchasing. We are equally committed to service after the sale and are happy to help remedy any manufacturing defects during the warranty period.
All warranties described on this page are non-transferrable and valid solely for the person who purchased the item. The warranty period starts from the shipping date.
Your warranty covers ONLY labor and parts. Normal wear and tear during the warranty period is not covered.
NOUHAUS products are warranted for a period of:
1. three (3) years for NOUHAUS “Chairs” five (5) years for NOUHAUS “Chairs” properly registered under the 5-year Extended Warranty Program at www.nouhaus.co/extendedwarranty
2. one (1) year for NOUHAUS “Massage” products three (3) years for NOUHAUS “Massage” products properly registered under the 3-year Extended Warranty Program at www.nouhaus.co/extendedwarranty
3. one (1) year for NOUHAUS “Sofa” products three (3) years for NOUHAUS “Sofa” products properly registered under the 3-year Extended Warranty Program at www.nouhaus.co/extendedwarranty
1. missing materials from the Product at the time of delivery;
2. defects in the manufacturing of materials used for the Products at the time of delivery;
3. failure of the Products to correspond with the description in the applicable contract of sale at the time of delivery; and
4. major defects in the functional department, such as: Chairs
1. Skeletal steel frame failure
2. Casters Mechanism failure
3. Recline Mechanism failure
4. Tilt Mechanism failure
5. Gas lift failure
6. Armrest mechanism failure
1. Skeletal steel frame failure
2. Airbag failure
3. Power failure
4. Remote control failure
5. Massage ball failure
6. Recline mechanism failure
1. Skeletal steel frame failure
2. Failed stitching
3. Faulty joints and springs
4. Seam separation
5. Mechanism failure
6. Defective construction
7. Electronic components
Subject to the following:
1. any replacement parts shall be sent to the address of the original purchaser,
2. replaced parts may be recollected by NOUHAUS to be disposed;
3. to benefit under this warranty, NOUHAUS must be notified of any defect within 14 days of the occurrence of such defect via an image or video of the relevant defect sent electronically to email@example.com, and after inspection and acceptance by NOUHAUS;
4. to the extent permitted under the applicable Federal and State law of the United States of America, all parts replaced or repaired under this warranty shall be warranted for the remainder of the designated Warranty Period
The enrollment section of the warranty page is currently under construction.
For the time being, we're accepting your order number to confirm your identity when you run into any issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.
No. We sell directly to the public, with no middlemen.
An Allen wrench is included in every package.
Our chairs are manufactured in China.
You can find all our certifications on our site. Every NOUHAUS Chair comes with TUV, LGA, ANSI/BIFMA (by SGS) and ISO9001 Safety Certifications. Click on our Certifications page for proof of certificate.
You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and check to see if we are expecting more incoming stock. Also, we are able to notify you by email once the item is back in stock. Please send us a quick message.
We are strictly an e-commerce company and only sell our chairs online. You do have a 30-day return window to try out the chair and return it for a full refund if it doesn't work out for you. Please read our return policy before purchasing. If you do choose to return your chair, you can reach out to us and we can assist you.